zondag 31 mei 2015

Generic Middle East Buildings structure detail

Last nights pic was shite :)

I went over the buildings with 60 grain sandpaper to remove any rough edges, coated a 6th building that I had manage to miss (but found that I had after reading my old Blogposts on the original start) and sanded that too. I noticed there is a bit of flex in the filler which is ideal, it gives a really tough coat to the model which doesn't crack, and that is a added bonus. Doing 6 buildings barely made a dent in the pot so this will keep with me for a long time (provided I sprinkle in some water now and then, put the plastic wrap back on and keep the lid closed)

I've made some decent detail shots. I've only had to reapply it to 2 bits I accidentally sanded down to the blue foam, I handled them roughly, but this means they can handle that treatment with no problem, and that is just the scenery I want.

The finish is rougher then what it would look in scale but the finish looks great when viewed on the table all together. My first buildings were a bit rougher , the rest a bit smoother as I got a hang on how to use the filler properly, but they all work I think.


8 opmerkingen:

  1. Very well done, I like how the buildings already look as if they have seen some action.
    You also did an amazing job on the doors and windows.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Considering the doors are just strips of an old tissue box, they came out really nice, thx

      Verwijderen
  2. Oh wow, I could use quite a lot of them as well! Might have to have a go sometime!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I can make you a few if you like. What scale do you need them?

      Verwijderen
  3. Exactly the same approach I've done with my buildings - just need to find the time to paint them, nice job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, time to paint them would be nice. For now I'll stick to making several buildings a week till I have about 20, so I can paint the lot in as short as time as possible, then spend some time detailing the doors and then start production on all of the modern parafanalia to make them look truly modern....and then do it all over again to make stuff to make them look WW2/Pulpish so they become multiversed.....is that a word, probably not :)

      Verwijderen