woensdag 13 mei 2015

I stay up too late, got nothing on my brain, hmm hmm


“I stay up too late, got nothing on my brain, hmm hmm”

A catchy tune from Taylor Swift, seems a bit like me, staying up late, but I do have loads on my brain. Next to the homely worries I’m really have to slow my brain down atm, as the Beast is hungry and needs to be fed. Or so it feels.

Ooh, 1/600 ACW Naval wars….nope, sold the lot, and who would I fight against?
Ooh, starship combat….same…..1/300….same…….ACW….same

No. What are my current theme words?
  • Low to 0-cost.
  • Skirmishability* on a 4x4 feet table or less.
  • Preferably 20-28mm.
  • Stuff I have in stock.
That kinds narrows it down, doesn’t it? Well, Mordheim, Inquisitor, Necromunda, Force on Force, 300 points Battlegroup. That is it really.

Modern Naval Warfare, WW2 to Modern Air Combat and Rapid Fire Moderns all need a bit more space then that, but are all in stock. I was clearing more space in the storage unit when I found the tray with 1/600 Vietnam aircraft. They sure brought back memories!

Still, room to actually paint is an issue, the desk is still a big mess of stuff. Stuff to be sold, stuff to be used, life-stuff….you know, stuff. Lots of it.   
So, I’ll turn off the PC for wednesday and start cleaning!


I’ll leave you with a inspirational pic I found on the web.
(I haven't got a clue where I found it though)

I’ve got a 1/600 B-17 that is already trimmed and chipped in places to represent damage, this paintjob would be the bomb if I can pull it off. Come to think of it, maybe it is time to dust off the old Bridge over the river Bug scenario again, a golden oldie if I do say so myself. But we won't, cause I will stay focused on Inquisitor, Team Nurgle for now. Even though I'm casting a big chest now so see if it can be done, would be a great addition to Mordheim and Inquisitor to have more then one of them. I'm just not sure if the mould is ok. But we will know tomorrow evening.

*Skirmishability is not a real word, but I like it so it is a keeper!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Got to love the gamers wondering eye.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah, I'm still all over the place idea wise. I'm now using cold hard facts to stop me :D (nr. 1 No money!)

      Verwijderen
  2. I admire your focus.
    Still zero budget is hard, ...
    I decided to enter this: http://6mmrpc.blogspot.ca/
    Hope it helps with my buying habit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hmm, temptation is reaching biblical proportions, there is so much I want to do. But thx to the shortlist reason sets in right away. 0 budget is indeed hard, but I look at it as a game, how much money do I have in the bank extra by the end of the month. Works for now :)

      Intersting, I think I will enter it too. My progress is slow, but the demands seem easy enough to meet right now. Thx for the tip!

      Verwijderen
  3. Skirmishability is definitely a word! If not, it should be... ;-P

    Well wishes for keeping your focus (and with the noggin on overdrive, I know the feeling, it sucks)!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen