donderdag 25 juni 2015

A small key opens big doors

...except that for sci-fi, there are no keyholes!

Looked around, and other then Scotia Grendels doors nothing really struck me as suitable for 20mm (either too big or too small). And thx to the usual mantra of "Got plastic and no money" i've made some sketches of some Tatooine-esque doors and I am translating these into plasticcard so I can cast them in greenstuff.

First test:
Needs something in the middle, probably will add a 0.5mm raised strip there for looks. I'm making the doors universal, no definate right or left side. I'll do a few more and see how it goes. Simple things really.

I have plenty of time in the evenings now, my parents picked up the kids till Saturday and Kim is in the hospital for another week, maybe more. It's just me and the cat and the turtle now, and neither is good in conversation.....

2 opmerkingen:

  1. You're clearly making the best out of a bad situation. I like the door, simple yet good-looking.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thx Wouter. Yes, it is a simple thing, but no need to overengineer this :)

      Verwijderen