My God, they do let anyone with a vague idea of tv make shows these days, do they? No wonder I hardly ever watch anymore. So I switched it off after an hour or so, grabbed my toolbox and plasticcard and went to town.
Nothing major, more KISS using fixed size thin plasticcard overlaid on a base, with details drilled and or raised (or both). Simple things really. From left to right.
- Door with a spyhole for me to pop something out a la C-3PO and R2-D2 at the door to Jabba's palace (thx Rob for putting that idea in my head!)
- Reinforced metal door
- Sorta Kinda metal vault door, with the round bit inside for fitting a wheel to open the door like they have on a sub....my Zinge Industries ones will work for that.
- Normal door
- Piece of a old HO scale house that looked door-ish
- First door (and a lot of work it was)
- Door with thinner strips to colour in
Both lots will be turned into press moulds later this week so I can full out with more greenstuff and get plenty of casts done when I start my sci-fi buildings.
And in other news.....I managed to trade one of my surplus Black Hawks for a Star Trek Kazon Fighter that I will be converting a bit. I already have the Kazon Torpedo built up, flight stand ready, I just need to make a flight base for it when it is parked somewhere. Bargain deal really.
Also, while saying goodbye to the guys at the club (due to Kim's illness it's pretty uncertain if I can (or am willing to) find babysitters for me to go to a hobby night, with all of the added expenses that that brings) a few chaps were kind enough to give me some great GW bits....some Ogre bear-traps, the spare head of the new 27 euro single model Techpriest and quite a few Adeptus Mechanicus symbols of the Imperial Knight....all of which will come in handy for my Inquisitor adventure.