donderdag 23 juli 2015

Attack of the 28mm!

Well, this sure has turned into surprising days!

During my lunchbreak the other day I had a chat with a friend who does really nice 28mm Early and Mid War Russians for Bolt Action, and I have been trying to get him to try Battlegroup. Problem is he has 28mm and 15mm, and I have 20mm. Forced perspective much?

So, what to do? Well, his proposal, if I choose to accept it, is that I look around for second hand lots of 28mm Germans to oppose his Russians, and he will pay for them (budget of 50 euros for this one). If I at one point want to quit because it is not me, I will pay him back the money. Sounds like a very good deal to me! (and a good motivator).

Posting around on various forums has netted a few offers of lots of suitable and less suitable miniatures and vehicles, all 2nd hand (I always prefer to buy second hand so why not now?) and suitable for Early War. I've sent out several requests for pricing or offers to the lots I'm most interested in, and rejected a few others (being all plastic or late war). I'm looking purely at non camouflaged troops now so painting should be speedy.

And in other news, I was pleasantly greeted by a package (and a non-smiling gf (because of said package)) which turned a box of North Star Bandit Buntai, donated by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous :)

I already own the Ronin rulebook but tried and didn't like the Perry Miniatures I got back then and gave them all to Modhail. I liked these figs since they came out but 28 Pounds(?) for a pack is just too pricey for me. The bandits pack was the one that appealed to me cause I liked those samurai best, and you could use various clan troops. Also, I've been following the posts about Daishō on the LAF (Supernatural Japan) and asked him to see if he has a model that fits that idea in his bits box and would be willing to trade it for some 20mm stuff. He would look into it :)

So, another expense free day with plenty of plot twists. And I even managed to sell 60 euro worth of kits as a added bonus. So my Lead Mountain is acting a bit like a sleeping volcano now, increasing and decreasing in size in regular intervals :P





9 opmerkingen:

  1. The North Star samurai are very nice figures, I really enjoyed painting mine :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Got pics? I'm always curious to see painted samurai :)

      Verwijderen
  2. To bad you don't have any 15mm germans else I would have challenged you for a Battlegroup game. Boxtel ain't that far away from where I live. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I haven;t painted 15mm WW2 for over 10 years now. Tried a restart 2 years ago so I could demo Battlegroup to FoW players but nothing came of it. Pity, you do live closeby.

      Verwijderen
    2. I'm a FoW player converted to Battlegroup. That is why I have 15mm. At the moment I don't have the money to start a 20mm army.

      Verwijderen
    3. Can I help you with some miniatures to test the water so to speak?

      Verwijderen
    4. Ik hoop dat je het niet erg vind dat ik overga op nderlands. Ik speel al Battlegroup maar ik heb maar 1 tegenstander. Meer zou wel leuk zijn. Zal internet eens afspeuren of goedkope tweedehans 20mm minis kan vinden. Laat maar weten wat je hebt en prijs (email: multipass14athotmail.com).

      Verwijderen
  3. Sounds like a great deal, getting €50 to spend just so you can play the game with him.

    The bandit pack has some very promising artwork.
    I do have some other North Star kits, all very high quality and very detailed. So expect this kit to be the same.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. My friends can be amazing sometimes :) Let me see how long it will take to paint all of them, they seem like good figures to excercise my skinpaint on.

      Verwijderen