donderdag 2 juli 2015

Future Hotz Mats release: dirt roads

A friend of mine who is doing Saga pointed me towards Hotz as their news page is showing the up and coming new release of felt roads.


June 15th, 2015: Felt Backed Dirt Roads

Hotz Mats Felt Backed Dirt Roads will soon be released in the near future. Dirt Road widths will be: 0.5-Inch, 0.75-Inch, 1-Inch and 2-Inch. Our Dirt Road Sets are pre-colored (no painting required; just purchase, receive and play), designed to always lay flat on any gaming surface, available with or without verges, and will be available in Dirt and Desert colors, as well as other colors. Other Dirt Road widths are in the works. Our Dirt Roads are felt backed to help the product from slipping once placed on your gaming surface. More news will be posted once we are closer to our release date.

Pricing is undetermined at this point, but a ballpark price of: 1-Inch Dirt Road Width Base Set (includes straights, curves, intersections and a pullout) will give a customer 13-feet of roadway for $20.00 USD. A set of four 1-Inch width, 12-Inch length straight roadways sections is priced at $5.00 USD per set ($1.25 USD per foot). At this point we have over 50 Base Sets (without verges) of the half-inch and 1-Inch Dirt Road sets produced and almost ready to ship.

Dirt Road sections with verges will be priced slightly higher -- most customers noted on the poll we ran at our website between 2010 and 2013, that they preferred to add their own verges so they could better match the flocking colors to their gaming surface.


Dirt Roads (1-Inch Width) Retail Packaging 
The Felt Backed Dirt Road project has been a huge undertaking that has been in the works for over 4 years. Due to me having to deal with an aging mother with medical issues and an extremely toxic (ex-)business partner, life over the last five years had a way of going south in a bad way, which caused all sorts of production problems and delays. However, starting in 2015, after moving our studio in late 2014 (which caused major production delays -- this was publicly noted on our website) most of that is behind us now, as we are getting caught up quickly and nicely once again.            
I am very happy that these are being released, I've had many a competitor in my hands but they all needed work or were made out of stiff materials that needed to be painted.


Just 2 issues.
  • Comms with Hotz are ....varied, according to the web. I've never had real problems, usually got a reply in a few days time or sometimes within the hour!..... So I will email him first about these and get the latest update. Erik has always been quite friendly and quite chatty so I'm looking forward to that.
  •  Dollar to Euro ratio. Blimey it is high. The Paypal conversion isn't helping either
Having said that this set will complete my setup even more, in that I now have a mat, scenery, tarmac roads, and to be added dirt roads and trees. another step closer to a nice looking gaming table.

I am however on a money stop (for good reasons) and not in any major hurry, but I will drag out more kit and tat to sell and get more money in the Paypal coffer for when I finally can buy them. Plus some more fields....I love his fields.

Edit: Eric contacted me an hour after I sent my email, and all is well. I guess it is time to save up ! :)

1 opmerking:

  1. Hotz "Felt Backed Roads" (Dirt Roads etc) are now available.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen