zaterdag 26 september 2015

Back to my roots

Before the birth of my daughters 2 years ago I had been busy for a while making individual pieces of scrap for a large scrapyard. In come the little ones and the hobby flalls flat. FFW 2+ years and I'm keen to get started again and what better way to pick up an old friend. Kickstarted by Dr. De'ath and his lovely 15mm scrapyard, 2 weeks ago I went out on a local kit trading FB page and swapped a old Jerry bomber for the Mir space station, unbuilt. FFW again to tonights hobby night and I manage to clean up and base all of the parts I wanted, so I'm right about here now:


Now to raid the bitz box for small parts, add cables and wiring, maybe a tarp or two, and then get cracking on painting. The 2 capsules in front will also double as objectives for capture the fallen sattelite games (I'll make a addon base with a fallen parachute) next to being pieces of scrap. As it stands now it is completely scaleless (as I prefer it that way) so it can work from 15mm to 28mm. Hope to make some more progress on these next week.


Stay tuned!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. They indeed are some great objective tokens, as well as terrain (especially for 15mm).
    I look forward to see them finished.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Although I don't do 15mm anymore, some friends do, so I can loan it to them when they are finished :)

      Verwijderen
  2. You don't happen to have the details of that MIR space station kit do you?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Revell 04840 1/144 MIR space station - you should be able to pick one up for 10-15 euros I think per box.

      Verwijderen