Deleted long bit of text so not to bore you, but the end result is that I'm sick as a dog, but did get my contract renewed for another 8 months and got a payraise!
Leasson learned? I think I took the wrong pill :) I seriously need to start to conserve energy during the week so going to bed earlier is a very smart thing to do.
But how was the week hobby wise?
- Well, a package was delivered at work with Liberations figs I bought 3 months ago. Long declared missing, I had given up on them. Very nice :) Pity 3 others are still missing though :(
- I've decided to join a nationwide 28mm AWI project on FB . The plan is to have several big battles next year August/September right here in Holland. My focus will be on militia and I'm looking forward to the challenge (well, I was on a happy high this week, so...) and I'm already looking around for second hand stuff.
- Was I in for a treat on the LAF this week. Remember all of the individually based pieces of trash and scrap I have? Well, 1 poster (Dr. De'ath) over at the LAF upped me by a mile and madea fine scrapyard. He does a topic on his 15mm sci-fi city of Sandport, which you can find here > Sandport. A whopping 27 pages now in which he details his buildings. He's the reason I picked up my bluefoam buildings again and started making my own doors.
- Speaking of my own doors, the guy I sent it too sent me a pic of the progress he made on casting them. I've asked for 4 of each and I've given him the production rights. I hope other people will use it for their own projects, albeit 20mm sci-gamers are rare as hens teeth (I know of only 1 in the Netherlands besides me).
- After seeing Dr. De'aths version of the scrapyard I decided I needed more sci-fi looking scrap for it. A short lived post on the Oude Dozen kit trading FB group (the seller didn't give any prices which means delete in 1-2-3....) showed a stack of kits in which I could see a Airfix Walrus flying boat (that I want for VBCW) and a 1/144 Mir space station kit. As it turned out the seller was in Tilburg and had no trouble with making a pick up on friday before I went to Modhail, and traded it with me for a 1/48 German bomber I had lying around. The scrap will work fine for 28mm as well (as well as 15mm if I still did that) and the 2 small capsules will make nice sattelite objectives. And scrap, of course.
- My first meetup for ages with Modhail was only for a few hours, in which we talked a bit but mostly went our individual ways modelling and asking/looking for advice. I managed to magnetise all 4 Doomwheels and the first 2 sets of weapons (Missile and Autocannon) so now only 8 sets more to go. More about these soon, and I'm looking forward to the next meet up 2 weeks from now.
- My desk still isn't clean, but what is on my desk is all sorted so just a matter of brushing into the correct boxes. There is a half a metre pile of stuff next to my desk that needs to be sold, plus more Epic stuff as I want my Crisis budget to be as big as possible (anything not spent will go straight into my bankaccount and no, this does not equal a free pass at binge buying....only for running projects! And 4 out of the 8 running projects don't need anything at all :) I hope to have the desk finished asap.
- Ducosim is coming up next weekend, and with that the gathering of the Dutch Inquisimunda team and their demogames (3 planned for the day). I will be there with my conversions and to look at other peoples games and to trade some stuff with a few other gamers. If there is a stand with magic deck protectors I will pick up 2 coloured sets of those for my Pulp Alley cards to keep them safe.
- Malebolgia (a huge Pulp Alley fan from the North of Holland) has offered his help with making counters for my Pulp Alley collection, Indiana Jones style, so I can print those off and laminate them. Very happy about this. Must send him some stuff for his services.