zondag 1 november 2015

Mission Control

While finishing up my Crisis pre order for Brigade Models (just a few more spaceships, guvnor, please?) I stumbled across this 40 pound baby, B15-319:
In 15mm that is a big thing! But I don't do 15mm! So what! <stop shouting Johan>

Since I did not have a clue what to do with all of the incorrect 3D prints (the wide and short slatted window ones) I've been wondering what to do with them. Well, I guess that problem is sorted now :) So, a 40cm tall centerpiece on the sci-fi table it is then. It will need a custom box but I think it is worth it. It should take about 8 windows for the top part alone, and a couple of round ones going way up. Almost feel like slapping a Imperial Eagle on it somewhere (decal or otherwise). And B15-319 is a good enough name for it to use as a callsign. 3 box shapes in foam, then more foam for detailling and strength, I can see this thing happening before Christmas.

Good Lord, I'm even making sketches now, and measuring stuff. And I should be in bed!


4 opmerkingen:

  1. You could go the retro/Rogue Trader way and make part of the structure from yoghurt/pudding cups? The plastic used is a bit of a, erm "female dog", to get paint to stick on though...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'd go as far as abusing a Pringles can for added interior strength, but no Yoghurt cups for me. As it has to be Tatooine-ish it will be plastered and dtailed as well, can't see a cup surviving that.....

      Verwijderen
  2. I am sorry but I can't see why this should cost as much as 40,- That said I am rather curious how it will look after a layer or two of "Johan-treatment"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Rather big blocks of resin and time spent drawing in 3D? I've got some ideas where I want to go, for a lot less money, and perfect for 20mm.

      Verwijderen