I'll give you a recap of this week.
- Scooter is a write off.
- Wound on my arm got infected, was cleaned up and is doing a bit better now but still dedicated to Nurgle so I have to keep an eye on that.
- I can sit behind the PC now for up to 10 minutes before my arm falls asleep....which is better then the 30 seconds we started the week with.
- Due to the pain in my back and neck I've hit the limit of what they can prescribe me for painkillers. Recovery will be slow, not helped by the next bit.
- As it turned out, around the same time I had my accident, a good friend of Kim comitted suicide. Kim had to find this out on saturday evening through Facebook. A bit of a double hitter, she was already panicking when I had my accident, so this news pushed her over the edge. After a day of nothing but crying she just snapped and had herself admitted to the psychiatric hospital, again.
- I've been taking care of the kids since monday morning, which is not helping my recovery one bit. I already informed my insurance company of the matter and they will claim extra money so I can afford someone to help me keep the house clean. I can barely lift my kids, let alone the laundry. 10 minutes of vacuuming leaves me beat for half an hour. Yes kids, that's what bruised ribs do for you. A fat lot of good.
- This weekend has been hell. I love my kids, but having them around all day made me snappy and they felt the brunt of it, sadly. I don't want to but I'm just so tired.
So there you have it. Have I done anything for the hobby? Yes, I have. Keeping within the limits of what is possible right now and doing it really slow, I managed to get a few things done this week. In the same way as I made this Blog post, in 10 minute snips at a time.
I also received a box of Cars cars and prepped a few of them for paint. So we go from this:
And then I went from this:
The billboards came out nicely too.
Well chuffed with these. Now I'm really tired, so just the Blog tonight, maybe repost these on the forums tomorrow if I feel up to it.