woensdag 9 april 2014

Status update, or why I've been away for 3 months.

I'm not dead. But I am in the middle (I hope) of what is my 2nd depression in so many years.

Depression sucks. It really saps the life out of you. Not having a job atm isn't helping. There is not much you can do about it other then relaxing and talking about it.

Which I'm not going to do on this Blog. I made this solely for gaming and not for ventilating my psyche. But I felt some of you might want to know what is wrong, what is still wrong tbh, and why I haven't posted in a while.

Have I done any gaming? None this year, I've even stopped visiting fora and such. I just don't care.

Have I done nothing gaming related? Well, I did. I've had some brighter moments, I've visited a local (30 mins drive) club to see if there would be anything for me and a mate there (and yes, there is) so thats noted for the future. And I've been doing quite a bit of work for Shipwreck, a fast paced Cold War naval rulesset. I've written up about 30 freighters and tankers of various plumage and just started out doing the entire Dutch navy, halfway now.

I'm really happy with that last part, it feels a bit like work and I can maintain my computer skills by doing all of the research and noting down data in Powerpoint sheets (which are then printed out so each ship has their own stat card). I made a ton of missile counters as well, so as soon as my mood is a bit less cloudy again I'll grab the bits and start doing a few scenarios and posting the results here. But don't get your hopes up too soon about seeing painted models on the table and fancy pictures. Cause I have not felt like painting anything at all this year, and that includes the new kitchen.

But thats no biggie, the paint ain't going anywhere and printed counters are just as good of a substitute....even easier to pack and store.

Happier days are around the corner, I just need a bit of time.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Been there and know how it feels.

    The point is that why should you be trying to do something you clearly do not want to be doing anyway? It sounds to me like you are actually doing the things you want to be doing right now, so carry on with those and take what enjoyment you can from them.

    You have people around you, enjoy them as best as you can too. Those of us who read your blog and love your work are not going anywhere and we will still be here when you get round to posting more regularly again.

    De gestadige drup holt de steen. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Good luck, Gunbird, and all the best for the future.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. All the best, Gunbird.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns brighter soon!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Brave post. Best of luck with your recovery. MM.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. pretty nice blog, following :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Depression sucks. I have found SSRIs to be helpful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen