zondag 13 oktober 2024

WIP Warehouse for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Grabbed this TT Combat Wild West Warehouse from my stash of MDF kits. It is OOP and the code is OTS026. The instructions are no longer available ...oh well, not my first rodeo. I've asked them for the instructions but as rate I will have the boxes that are included done as well by trial and error.

It's a pretty bland 1 dimensional kit. All details are Lasered. No attempt has been made for much of a 3D effect. You can open the window frames but there isn't anything to hold them in place so why bother? I don't recall ordering it at a shop, so must have been bought in a used lot.

 


4 walls and a roof, that is basically it. Like any house/shed. Loads of potential but this time I'm only changing the roof into a fibreboard one and raising the window panels, adding thin card to the doors for the slats and rivets and adding the windowsills that I forgot on the other build (but that will be remidied). I could do tons more but time/effort spent vs result....not worth it. 

Started in the afternoon, quite around a bit past midnight.


Basic shape, held together with some tape during dryfit. I inserted slivers of newspaper between the windows and walls on the sides as the windows are only attatched on the top by 2 very thin bits (they are designed to be opened and I don't want that) and that gives the superglue an excellent bond between the 2.

Strips of 4cm wide ribbed card for the pressed fibreboard look glued over the windows that I removed from this side. I'll repeat that on the other side.

Once dry get a fresh scalpel and just cut out the openings

Insert the original window and raise it by a few mm, this will help with the looks and weathering later. Add plenty of superglue and this is stuck for life. I'll add glass once the building is painted.



Punch out a few more stars from card

Cut strips of thicker card for a bit more detail, and used the small punch to make lots of bolts to improve the doors. Added a handle on both doors with staples.


Glued the doors in place and filles up the opeings for the sliding doors. I could have tried to make it work but the fit was already way too tight, and with paint added to it it would never work. (the roof has the same issue, the fit is way too tight, so that needs some sanding before priming)

Added a XXL sateh skewer on the top and covered it with a strip of newspaper soaked with glue and after all of this has set somewhere in the afternoon, she is ready for primer. Also added windowsills with scrap MDF and again prodigious use of superglue.

And that is it. Basic as it is, it tarts up nicely enough. I would not say no to a few more tbh, but with the kit being OOP I'm fat out of luck. Fortunately I also have the plastic H0 one to update so I have options.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten