maandag 10 augustus 2026

Low power transformer shed and a large gas canister for Zona Alfa

 I don't know who makes the STL for this, I do know it was one of my first prints and it came with a seperate base, walls, roof and 2 doors. The doors did not print good enough to be painted so I ditched those, and 2 of the nubs on top for the roof broke off so I glued in 2 matchsticks for a proper fit. Hell, I ditched the entire thing in my The Box TM and forgot about it. A while ago I did the concrete and the cabinet on the side but then again it ended up in The Box TM.

Dug it out last week, made 2 doors with card. Really simple stuff. Used one of my craft punches to make the ventilation slits. Douse with superglue once done to make it rock solid and give some proper grip for the primer and weathering.


Dryfit check

 Painted them as far as I could before glueing them into place, final weathering I prefer to do in situ. 



I really should have spent some time sanding the thing....something I do nowadays as it makes such a difference in the end...


Of course, it needs some electrical stuff to be complete, so I scratchbuilt this out of a few parts from my bits box and painted it.




 As I was scratchbuilding anyway I recycled the fuel tank of a 1/72 Russian Fuel Truck and the steeringwheel for a large gas canister. Nothing earth shattering but a nice filler piece.




2 opmerkingen:

  1. Nicely done! I've got the same transformer shed STL saved somewhere.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Oh! If you have any chance to find it again, just the name of the maker should be enough to find it again.

      Verwijderen