All that is left
Starting next week (ok, I made a headstart) I will work to clear out my current hobby room and disassemble everything, storing everything in the attic. I have 16 days time untill my folks pick up our kids for a long week. I want to use that week to repaint their new room, so everything has to be gone by then. No ifs, buts and whens, it has to be done by then, so we can surprise them with a freshly painted new room when they get back. When that is finished I can rebuild my hobby room from scratch in the old kids room (won't bother with fixing that up as my cabinets will cover any damage done by the kids) and refill it with the stuff that I set aside to be returned. Then, and only then, will I start taking stuff down from the attic, 1 crate at a time, and going over the contents yet again to see what can be sold and what can stay. All of my hobby funds will have to come from that so some tough decosions will have to be made....again.
But what else happend this week?
Well, I had a testpiece made of the gift I want to give all who take my TNT demo at Poldercon.
While clearing boxes I found tons of kits I had forgrotten about, including these 2:
I'm in for a busy weekend, not much time for the hobby, but plenty for my little girls as my niece is having her birthday this weekend and she and her sister love spoiling my kids.
Random other things:
- I'll spraypaint the Space Marine statue gold again, then matte varnish it. The last time I failed to realise it was so smooth, so the Oxide wash had nothing to hold on to to. Also, the Oxide was way too thick..
- Over at the Guild., a new Group Build has started; fortified, dug in and defence. I've been reading up on Iran-Iraq war scenario's and battles and have found several scenario's in which Iraqi tanks start dug in and cannot move during the game. Rather then make sandbag emplacements to slot around the bases, I will make a master of sandbag defences (in scale!) and a mould out of that, so that I can put my greenstuff tanks into the positions and add more sandbags to that.
- Friends have asked me to focus on TNT for Poldercon, maybe only do 3 demos instead of 4, and skip CY6! I'm still thinking about it.
- Sgt Screams payment for the statues arrived today, 2 more 1st Edition plastic Terminators, plus some very nice RT Orks and a single RT...ehm space man? Guard? I'm not sure what he is actually. I've been so busy this week I completely failed to post his models, so when I finish tonights Blogpost I'll pack and label it, ready for shipping tomorrow.
- I've traded a blister of metal Spirit host for some bits. These will be for Mordheim/Frostgrave and my undead collection for the graveyard.
- I've found a limited collectors edition Marco Colombo in a unopend pack. If you know someone who can use that, feel free to pass on that information. I'm looking for 12 pounds excluding shipping or a swap for RT era Space Marines.
- I've traded quite a bit of stuff over the last few weeks just to get a small stash of RT era Marines (plastic and metal) as well as 2 Calth dreads to go with them. I want to use those for my own RT games when the city is finished. If you have any RT era Marines, let me know, I'd like to trade.
- I picked up a half styrofoam ball to make a planet from for space games. Just because I felt like it.
- My purchase of the week is not a miniature, but something extremely usefull for the hobby. It's a 2nd hand heavy office comb binding machine that I picked up at the 2nd hand shop that is old but fully functional. Just what I needed to make booklets for the TNT demo and to bind any rulessets I print off in the future. I'm trolling Marktplaats right now to find some used lots of binders ( Fun fact: I actually owned a box full of them during Uni, when I would strip them off old thesisis and reports that had to disposed off as waste paper, and then reused them when running a copying and binding service for my fellow class mates. I've always been a small fry enterpreneur. )