zondag 26 juni 2016

1/600th - finishing a job started a long time ago!

A job started in December 2011 to be precise! (never throw anything out)

Remember this one? Il-14

 Well, I didn't want to drown myself in thinner again tonight so grabbed the Il-14 from the scrapbox and had a go at it. And I'm quite happy with the result to be honest. A tad rough, windows could be a shade whiter but other then that, pretty happy. But, you be the judge (and jury).

I even did the presentation in my old way from back in 2009 when I was painting lots of aircraft. I think it suits them. The base coin is a 1 euro cent, the squares are 1 cm.

Original C-47 by Tumbling Dice, Roundels by Doms Decals, flag by I-94 and numerals by QRF

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Great work. I love looking at your previous models, they are so inspiring. I hope you find time to do some more aircraft.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I hope so too, if just for the fun of painting them :)

      Verwijderen