woensdag 7 november 2018

Partisan Maxim rework 99% ready

I picked up some Grubby Tanks MMG VC teams in a pre order at Crisis, only to realise they are firing antiquated Maxims <sigh>. But waste not, want not, so a quick filing, headswap and very little GS later we have this.....

Option 2 of the Partisan MG Team, the Maxim. Not sure if that is meant to be the wheeled shielded version, but being Partisans I'm assuming they are not very high up on the MG food chain, so this old banger should do them nicely. Tbh I'm not sure what gun it actually is supposed to be....the tripod is reversed (most likely to help casting), it had the flash hider of a Vickers but not the cover or other bits....so a bit of a mish mash of guns....I guess? Made a condensor can, added some lead wire for the tube. Need to file off the sight and replace it with some upright brass wire. Als do some trials with some thicker paper to make the fabric  ammo bands. His head is from the German crew of the Greek Caique pack, it comes with 3 useful generic figures, 2 with beards....which are perfect for my Partisans. The last gun I need to convert is the MG-34 and then all 3 options are available.

Getting sidetracked, as usual, I also picked up the Britannia Vietnam Firebase Command bunker. Then sawed and sanded off 1/3rd of the resin. As I really dislike lift oof roofs for most buildings, I sanded the sides of that as well and have now glued it down with expoxy to make sure it stays on, and will fix the seam  sandbag at a time. For a Britannia resin piece, the bubble holes aren't as bad as usual which was a pleasant surprise!




I've orderd 400 resin barrels for this project as to make the Firebase like I want it. The bunker will have a row of them surround it, as well as some plus sandbags in front of the door (that I also enlarged). I'm trying to find a iron lattice tower with the right dimensions to function as the antenna, but dumping 25 quid incl shipping for a single H0 is a bit rich, so I guess off to China I go?

I'm not going for the red dust allover you see in parts of Vietnam....when needs be, this one will have to double as a rebel bunker or whatever I feel like. Same for the defensive works. In the end I have a finite amount of room here.

Not much else to say.....tried a new sandy yello on the Grot tank and having a good long think about it. These wrists are not doing me any favours and even typing for more then a few minutes at a time turns my hands into claws. So I just sit here, do some sculpting, sort some stuff for sale.

Oh, Crisis was a blast, sale went reasonably ok, some stuff just did not shift while others that have been for sale for ages were snapped up quickly. But going to a show kills me. I have very little stamina left, everything hurts all the time, ad it was very hard to focus when I finally packed the lot back in the car and went for a stroll around the show to see what was there....which was a lot! I hope next year I will be able to visit it and enjoy it a bit more. Who knows. I might even be in less pain.

1 opmerking: