There are no markings on them, but I suspect they are for supporting a Matchbox playset bit of track? I really don't know. It had some sort of pin system on the underside and on the top. I cut those off and filed it smooth.
(28mm figure for scale reference)
In my mind, I can see these work as some sort of equipment rigs, floodlight towers, VSF moorings for airships, or relay towers for a (sci-fi) airfield. Anything goes really. I've decided to paint these up in a weathered beat up style, so they fit a backwater, abandonded or post apoc area (which covers 100% of my gaming needs). I'm also leaving off anything scale realated. Right, added a triangle base so I can shove them together as a single unit, or keep them seperate. Epoxied a lot of fishing lead to the base for stability. Added sand. Delved into the bits box and grabbed some 1/24 truck kit coils, pinned and glued those to the top, and another greebly on top to cap that. Sanded the sides smooth to remove the tiny mould line.
I thought it needed more so grabbed my spool of 1.5mm soldering wire and added a thick electrical cable from the base to the top, and tacked it in place.
Added another greebly on top, did a little clean up and everything is setting and drying now. Will give a good alcohol rub down in the evening before basecoating it, as for the first time in a long time, I feel like painting again :)