vrijdag 25 januari 2019

Dougie's Woodland Pattern Tutorial - reposted

Reposting this from Dougies Blog (HERE) as I don't trust Photobucket anymore.

Copied as is.

A short tutorial on how I paint US Woodland Pattern and its derivatives. The figure in question is a Mutineer Miniatures African Militia Boy soldier. He's painted using my normal tecniques, on a black undercoat. For the tutorial I'll be painting Woodland Pattern on his 3/4 cut off combat pants. All colours are Vallejo Model Color. Dougie.

1. The base colour 922 USA Uniform is blocked in leaving black showing on clothing joins and seams.

2. Apply horozontal blotches of 875 Beige Brown, use references to capture the "look" of the pattern.


3. Apply horozontal blotches of 847 Dark Sand, again use your references to get the "look".


4. The last stage is to add the black "squiggles" that characterises the pattern and you're done!


 Tutorial by Dougie, not by me. Full credit to him.

1 opmerking: