woensdag 7 augustus 2024

A fresh start....again?

      Well, maybe not a truck....
                                                          

 

 Yes, another fresh start.

Since my last pots a lot, and I really do mean a lot of things have changed. I've moved to another (sleepy) village, have a house now with rooms for the kids, an attic, a garden, my own driveway....and no gaming room.

I made the conscious choice not to invest time, effort and money in a dedicated games room. My girls, bless their little hearts, offered up a room for it so they would share the other one, but that would not be right. They turned 11 a few weeks ago and need their own space, their own privacy and place to just close the door and be themselves. And we have that sorted now, talked with them what they wanted, where and how....and the rooms are lovely (no pics, their space, their privacy)

Moving has been anything but fun (as anyone who ever moved knows all too damned well) and giving everything a a spot while trawling the recycling centers for furniture was .....interesting.

But (besides the odd box of 2) I'm as good as done. The girls settled in, my stresslevel is now at a manaeagble level instead of 120% and my health is....well, still shit, but hey, change.

Right, hobby wise, also change. Switching from from 20mm to 15mm is in process, started selling off stuff. Picked up a 15mm WW2 US Army (by car, not going through the mail again for that). Picked up a used display cabinet and set that up for "motivational purposes", picked up 2 older Billy cabinets for my rules and reference books, and none of this stuff is downstairs.

The only thing left to do is change my hobby/pc desk into a purely pc desk (this one will be replaced for a smaller one) and then I'm done. From now on, the kitchen table is my hobby table for gaming and building and painting. And what a lovely table it is. 100x160, easily extendable to 240. More importantly, forces me to clean up at the end of the evening. See, I'm smartz.

For the next 3 months I've got an open house each tuesday evening for friends to drop in to build and paint stuff and just chat. Motivation for them, motivation for me. Last night Sjors dropped by (no longer a 30 minute drive but 10 minutes by bike), he worked on his book niche display and I managed to clean up a full platoon for Nam68. Sanded all the bases, added notes to the pockets, planned out a few conversions (yes, in 15mm, I'm still me after all), and will need to toss a bunch of coins in the ultrasonic cleaner later today to prep the basing work. 

Miniature planning or crack dealer?

Really looking forward to the (hobby) future now....God knows it's been pretty bad in the last few years. Body is still effed, I can barely make out the models with my left eye, hand hurt and i take more pills daily than the average Raver.....but we can do this!

More, somewhere in the future.



4 opmerkingen: