zaterdag 29 januari 2022

I'll be moving soon

 The seperation is now on paper as I lucked out and was given a small flat in this lovely old building. 


It is small, a 1 bedroom appartment and my kids will be here 1-2 nights and a few afternoons each week, and the storage space is not suitable for hobby stuff, so I've taken the decision to sell 99% of my unmade kits as they are a high volume and good return product so I have cash for a ridge freezer, stove and a TV for the kids. All to be arranged in the next 2 weeks.

After that I will see what I can still do hobby wise, it is all a bit rushed all of a sudden.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Sounds like what condition I had when I was in the army. Good luck with the move and the sale.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sorry to hear about your change in circumstances. I divorced seven years ago and I only had access to my daughters every second weekend. Life does get better over time and I learnt to appreciate my independence. Life is much better beyond an unhappy partnership. I found my hobby became even more important to me. Good luck ... you are not alone.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Sounds like change is afoot!
    I've found that having limited space for hobby/collecting/gaming/storage has helped me focus my 'ooh shiny' factor. Smaller scales (6mm is life) or skirmish projects with low model counts have been a life saver and have meant I've actually been able to get minis on (reduced size) tables.
    Change is scary, but I find it helps to look for the good! Even when it seems like there is very little to be had.
    Thinking of you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I hate change! And this is a metric ton at once, so much to arrange and so much money to throw into the shredder right now (but god bless free furniture). But we will get there and I can still paint a bit in the evenings now.

      Verwijderen
  4. Well, it will be unfortunate to lose that beautiful hobby space (amongst other things), but hopefully this change goes smoothly, and you may find you have more hobby time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen