maandag 8 april 2024

Well, isn't this fun

 After much, much contemplation I finally gave in and decided to purchase 2 15mm painted armies for 1945. I bought a very nicely painted German one and have dibs on a large Russian one.

The German army arrived today, and....



Nothing was wrapped, everything has damage, chips, broken parts. 








Ah, life is fun. So much.....fun.

I received a partial refund and lot's of help online. I'll sell off the parts I don't need as is, and strip the remainder after my move and then send it out to friends.

And now I can use some sleep. What a day.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Oof, that's really rough. I never understand how people can clearly pour love into their work, and then fail to wrap it properly once it comes time to flog it off.
    Hopefully there's enough in there that you can salvage and get something usable.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It was such a nice paint job too. After the move I'll sort into keepers and sellers. For now it even hurts to look at them.

      Verwijderen
  2. That's just crazy, why would someone post those figures without being wrapped???

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Her answer was she ships plastic figs like this all the time and she never had any issues. Oh well.

      Verwijderen
  3. Oof, that is just awful! Hopefully you can recover enough to make it all worth while.

    And I have purchased a lot of stuff from Ebay over the years, and never get even unpainted stuff without a lot better packing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. 3rd lot in 2 months that arrived with a lot of breakages due to 0 care in packaging. Never had that buying 20mm stuff. A mate of mine said: "It's a sign from the Gods!"

      Verwijderen
  4. Ohhh that is not how it should be packed…. Oh well you will get it sorted,great to see you are modelling again

    Cheers
    Matt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen