dinsdag 27 augustus 2024

Guardhouse for S.T.A.L.K.E.R

 First up...I'm dead on my feet. Decided I was tired of making stuff 3/4 of the way and letting it die.

So I started something yesterday, on a whim, by picking up the Sarissa Precision N136 Guard House / Bike Shelter.

Reference so you know what it is supposed to look like.

I converted it (last year I think?) after picking up 3. 1 for Stalker, 1 for a (Post Apoc) Motel check in and I completely forgot what the third was for.





The conversion, if you could call it that, was purely replacing the brick columns with flare sticks (from New Years eve) and trimming down the awning into a much smaller and slightly tilted one, and covering the roof nubs with a sheet of cardboard like always.

Then left it for 6-12 months ( I guess?) and came back to it to see the roof very, very warped. So grabbed the foamcutter and card and made a new, angled roof. Fully reversable if I want to. After that I added a star to the facing wall, and used the railings I removed from the 15mm Factory Chimney building as gates. If you are wondering why the side is open, in my planning I'll be adding a concrete wall on the side  (part of the 3-4 metres of concrete wall I have to make....jay for the foamcutter). Not visible in those pics is the length of chain I picked up and glued in place to lock the gate. My punch was used to make a round bit for the "lock".

Yesterday I grabbed the cheap craft paints that are a bit chalky as I find those to work great with MDF, and made sure I got it all to the monochrome stage and did the basics in (to me anyway) Russian Blue, painted the Red Star. And for the heck of it, painted the inside in dual colour as well. And that is where I left it yesterday.



 Today, my coach cancelled as she had a new client that was a bit of a handfull, so I suddenly had a lot of free time (kids are at Kim's today as well). Which takes me back to the beginning, why not finish the model today? I need to learn the art of less is more, and I want to get stuff done as I want to game, dammit.

And so I began. It took me about 5 hours in total, 1 hour of that just for the glazing. it may not look it to you, but this is what I would call Wargaming standard (mine anyway) as I could have done and added so, so much more. But I'm now of the opinion I could go at it for another 5 hours....but no one will notice (except me). So here you have it, the Guard House for the Research Complex for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Hope you like it. It took immense constraint to keep myself focussed (jay for Autism) to get it done, but I did it and I'm over the moon so to speak. I can still do it, I pushed myself over the edge and it is done. Now a 2 day break to rest my hands and clear my head, and a little bit of light painting on friday I think.











No 3D printed parts were used in the making of this model, just good old fashioned card, glue and blood. And yes, cutting all the glazing was fun.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten