maandag 19 maart 2012

Fool me once....

KGN can give you the option (if it is in your list) to use dirty tricks. One of them is a Dummy Gun. Ruleswise you put one in your deployment area, and remove it when it is destroyed or if the enemy moves closer then 12 inch. I abhor removing casualties from play, after a heavy battle you end up with an empty battlefield. Mine is filled with dead men, craters and wrecked vehicles, and shows heavily contested areas and tells a story. In this case, if the enemy spots the gun and it is a dummy, this one is put in place.

Seems the Germans did this quite a bit, but they are not very well documented, I've had to make do with barely 6 pictures.

The gun is plasticcard, toothpicks, 2 wheels from a Sgts'MEss rubble pack and a spare muzzle from a 105 Stug I had lying around. Took me a spare hour to build and paint it, so time well spent.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful! It would fool me, if I was a miniature metal soldier.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ooh Yummy (the dummy)!!!
    Nice work (and pretty quick also)!
    T.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Maybe you should have done the gun crew as scarecrows? ;)

    excellent stuff again.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Have you seen this?

    http://www.lonesentry.com/features/f4_german_dummy_panther_tanks.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I've had that bookmarked for a very long time. Someday I hope to copy that. But thx for remining me of it again :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen