donderdag 9 juli 2015

Change of heart: Doomwheel

While discussing the Doomwheel and its potential (and weaknesses) with my Inquisitor group, I kinda had a change of heart. You see, my idea of Nurgle is subtle decay added here and there, not the boil ridden and infested dregs of humanity you usually see. Rust, lack of maintenance, that is more my kind of thing.

So....what if the Doomwheels I'm making didn't start out as Chaos? In Epic it is a huge warmachine with voidshields and heavy weapons, but what if the beginnings were much more humble?


The way I see them now, mine are a creation of a Techpriest on a long forgotten Forgeworld before 30K, made in limited numbers, experimenting with the process of creating a more mobile combat servitor, explaining the subtle differences between the 4 wheels. When this Techpriest went rogue (which is not the same as crossing over to Chaos!) he took his servitors and staff with him. Some of his staff split off to Chaos, taking some of the Doomwheels with them, and creating, eventually, the large War engines we know today. Now, this Rogue Techpriest could very well end up in the retinue of a ambitious Inquisitor, or be a force by himself, forever tinkering on his children to improve them. This gives me yet another reason to purchase a set of Kastelan robots and their handler...if I had the money. It also motivates me to get cracking on the Techpriest himself using the bits and pieces that I already have. I just need to find a proper name for the Imperial Doomwheel or code them properly.

While trading bits I managed to find somebody with a set of double weapons from the Sentinel, so these will be added to my stash and processed to fit on the 4 Doomwheels with a pin and magnet combo. Even if it means purchasing new magnets, these will make life so much easier for such a machine. Plenty of weapons combos I can give them :)

The painting scheme for them hasn't changed though. Dirty white with rust. Now to find proper decals for them (that don't cost an arm and a leg).


And in other news....
  • Kim may be released in the weekend. From what I heard sofar, and to combat her depression, they have plans to send her to therapy 3-4 days a week, and support to help us put the kids in daycare as this is unaffordable on a single salary (2 kids 4 days a week is 2250 euros in daycare costs a month,,,,way more then I make) with help from our parents for 1-2 days a week. I'm still thinking about taking parental leave once a fortnight, but I would lose a days wages that way. Then again daycare for 1 day for both my girls costs more then what I make on a day! Oh well, a lot is going to change, that is for sure, fortunately Kim is cautiously optimistic atm.
  • I managed to trade half a moving box of kits for a Star Trek Kazon Fighter/Cruiser for my starport, and some other kits for my WW2 and Modern Russians. I've listed a dozen more kits plus some GW lots for sale on various podia.
  • Mark, a very talented local painter whom I always offer a ride when leaving the club, has offered me a Space Wolf Stormwolf for my trouble. It is already built, but I'm pretty certain I can remove all of the SW symbology and turn it into a standard assault boat, with magnetized weapons and a generic paintscheme, and a swappable cockpit so it works in 28mm and 20mm, and also doing Starport duty. And work for my Inquisitor warband(s)
  • I'm eyeing the Space Marine Stormtalon for conversion to Starship for the Space Port. Simply repainting the cockpitglass makes it look suitably 20mm, plus a few changes to the weapon pods and other cosmetic changes will make it look the part. Sofar no luck in finding one secondhand that isn't badly put together, my aim is to find one still in the box so it will be easier to convert for my nefarious plans. And as cheaply as possible.
  • GZG informed me my stuff has been processed and will be shipped asap.
  • I'm spending a bit of time each night cleaning out the hobby room, putting more stuff up for sale, trying to get extra income and save up more for the future (and future purchases), as well as looking for parts on various for a to complete what plans I have. No buying!!
And I'll leave you with a inspirational video of Doctor Fausts Painting Clinic; the Kastelan





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten