donderdag 7 mei 2015

Last of the many and a tough choice

Today I received all of the bits needed for the Nurgle Drones (not the baby Drones) plus a large lot from a Belgian collector full of RT era stuff and other bits, many that will be sold off to pay for that and make a profit to go straight into the bank account.

I have 2 more payments to do for a total of 35 euros that had been accepted auctions from 2 weeks ago that I can't back out of.

Which leaves me a deal worth 55 Pounds for a AK-47 army that I agreed to buy as soon as I had the money for it, and for which I have bought quite the collection of aircraft. I've never backed out of a deal before, my word is worth gold to me, but in this case I have to be tough with myself and say no. I've always had nagging doubts about doing AK-47 in 15mm when everything I do, have and love is 20mm, and buying models in 20mm is just as expensive and even cheaper then 15mm. But 2 of my mates liked the idea so much I was drawn into it anyway, happy to have found likeminded individuals that don't live halfway across the globe. I really don't like to disappointing people, but in this case I have to be tough and choose me, myself and I.

And it sucks :( I've been looking forward to it so much. Picked up stuff and traded items for it. And now it has been all for naught. I'm going to return the bits I traded with my friends, sell of the rest and call it quits. The idea will remain in my head though, waiting for better times in the future.

Right, next up, make a blogpost about something nice.


9 opmerkingen:

  1. I am on a tight budget this year although not the total freeze that you will have. I will spend my time painting stuff from the lead mountain and doing scratch stuff. And please shout out on the blog if you run out of bits for your drones. I have some tyranid stuff in my basement that I could donate for the fun of seeing what you make of it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thx Thomas, very kind of you. For now I will try and manage the bits I have and make them go a long way by greenstuff casting most of the parts. I have a big box of Nid parts somewhere, left overs from the time, years ago, I made a large BFG from them. But any help is always appreciated!

      Verwijderen
  2. While cleaning up my mountain of miniatures today, I noticed how many unused 40k stuff I have.
    Perhaps there is stuff in there you can use or trade (or not). Most of it is 2nd and 3th edition though, so I don't know if it is worth much. There's some Tau, Chaos Marines and lots of Dark Eldar in there, but also some weapons from Necromunda which may be useful for your Inquisitor project.
    As I live in Arendonk (which is near Reusel, not so far from where you live if I'm right), you may come and pick it up if you like, totally free.
    The least I can do to help a fellow blogger and gamer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Wouter, according to Google Maps it should be a good 40 minutes drive which isn't a problem as I go to Tilburg every 2 weeks on a friday to sculpt and swap bits right now. A minor detour. Of course, you need to have the time then. I could come over for a chat and to have a look? Anything helps these days.

      Verwijderen
  3. If you like you can come over this friday as I'm having a holiday. Somewhere around 2 o clock would be perfect. On any other friday it will probably be possible to meet around 6 o clock, as it is the time I return from work. If you prefer later in the evening that is of course also possible.
    My address is: Wampenberg 100, 2370 Arendonk, Belgium.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Wouter, no holiday for me this week I'm afraid :( Any Friday I go to the club would be ok for me (which is every 2-3 weeks), next Friday (22nd) is such a day. I leave work at 17:30 so could be in Belgium around 18:30 (assuming traffic won't be a killer), stay for half an hour and be off again to Tilburg. Oh, and get some cheap gas :D

      Verwijderen
  4. :) The gas is indeed a bit cheaper here, perhaps worth the detour all on it's own.
    The 22th on 18:30 is fine by me!
    I already selected a lot of stuff I ain't using no more (and probably never will) and even found some hidden treasures like an unassembled chaos predator I can give to you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen