dinsdag 14 januari 2020

Plastered

After several delays the guys pulled a 14 hour day (and they weren't happy with that, words were exchanged), but the result shows.



 But when people get tired they make mistakes....(to be fair... they had been instructed to remove the door before plastering, then didn't).
.

Tomorrow they will be back to cross the t's and dot the i's (and fix the hole).

Currently no idea when the electrical work will be done, or when the walls are fully dry. We are aiming to paint the lot first before the final piping and heater is put in. All plans have been crossed out now as my pain management course will start on the 20th so I'll be out 3 days a week for the next 10 weeks, so work will have to be done in the weekends. Not by me though, I'll be the mess cook :)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Looking great!

    And I must say, I am really enjoying seeing how construction standards differ from over here... just looking at the pipes and electrical is very fascinating!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Do share :) All the new stuff is up to code, the old pipes are a bit of a mess but it works. But I see a lot of stuff I grew up with has been replaced with faster (not perse better imho)

      Verwijderen
  2. A 14 hour day is just crazy and simply asking for mistakes. I've done a few of those in the past as well and the lapse in concentration after 12 hours is very noticeable in quality and the mood of the workers.
    Plastering is one of those jobs that make a huge, hard to clean, mess. The results are often quite impressive when compared to the state beforehand though and totally worth it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen