dinsdag 27 december 2016

Christmas weekend over - back to business

Todays plan was to visit Kim's father for lunch etc, but as usual best laid plans...... Yesterday I spent about 5 hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking a 3 course meal with side dishes for my parents and Kim and the kids and I took too few, if any breaks and by bedtime I was pretty much dead :D. So today I did managed to drag myself out of bed but it was hurting from the neck down so I waived todays trip and Kim and the kids left on their own. After some painkillers and cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom (with plenty of breaks) I went up to get some rest and watch some tutorials, but after a good 30 minutes of that I decided now would be a good time to get my set up ready for 2017. I picked up 2 old Moppe cabinets last week (yes, again! I have 16 now....) of the same model as on my PC desk, purely as project boxes.

Project boxes Gunbird? Yes, the same idea as I mentioned and started a few months back, but smaller. Having a big box to grab stuff from proved to be too much of an open end for me, and these sizes fit 2 kits plus small parts max, keeping things more in check. I just made a list of contents for the project and put the remainder of the contents back in storage. Temporary label on the front and done.

So, after a good couple of hours with plenty of breaks, I end up with this:
PC desk almost finished, and the rest of the week will be putting stuff back in the attic and listing stuff again for sale. Dad gave me a Christmas bonus so to speak but I'm pocketing it all as a deposit for the future training costs. Moms breadbaker turned out to be a dud as as soon as it started to bake it blew the fuses of the entire ground floor. Oops. That's what you get sometimes with second hand stuff.. :)

After another small break I just finished the PC desk too.  Removed all the crap from my whiteboard and neatend that. Wiped the other boards, removed all the cleared tasks and done.

I think I will do a few reviews this week of some recent book and kit trades/purchases just to get things started again. Not too much planned this week other then 2 dinner guests from Kim this week (which gives me a reason to full out Indonesian again I think) and I'll help out with the catering of some friends moving back to Brabant on friday. New Years eve will be at home with the girls fast asleep as always, and then it is 3 weeks of waiting till the next meeting with the insurance company <sigh> and getting the paperwork in order afterwards.

And it's 02:00 in the morning again. Hmm, time does fly :)

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Love the Moppe cabinets. See If can find some old ones too.
    Take care.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Try Marktplaats. They tend to go for roughly 5 euros per cabinet (but I've seen people ask 10-15 as well) and even with shipping you come out at half price for a new one from Ikea. I find a lot of people don't want to ship though so it is a bit of a waiting game to find sellers who don't mind. Just put "Moppe" in your Marktplaats search function and you will get a couple updates per week, they are quite ubiquitous.

      Verwijderen
  2. I like the idea of your project boxes. I have to confess I'm a bit of a storage tinkerer as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Purely to try and stop me from going after idea after idea and spending loads of money on things that peter out. Having the ones with small trays work brilliantly for all the more4 commonly used bits and tools so I don't have to open box after box to find something. Saves me on time and stress :)

      Verwijderen
  3. That's one neat tidy desk to start the new year with.
    The storage boxes are something I should perhaps have a look at myself too. It would no doubt please my wife :-).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. They are so universal, handy and common so getting them second hand should not be a problem. Well, assuming there is a Marktplaats equivalent in Belgium that is :)

      Verwijderen