zaterdag 11 april 2020

And then the house of cards fells apart....

I'll keep this short.

Still sorthing through stuff, getting a lot of kit ready to be sold when I have the time, currently focussing on the larger items. I'm also looking at removing the extendable part of my desk and dumping a small couch there, I need a place to chill and for the girls to sit and play to keep out of my wife's hair.

But....in all their benevolence, the UWV has decided I'm fully fit for work, to do light office or assemebly work for 40 hours a week, and they tell me this pays 13 euros on average. I'll get the letter with their conclusion next week, and have informed my mental health coach and the job coach and a few others as they don't seem to udnerstand 40 hours is completely out of the question, and I've been trying for the past 9 months to find a 20-24 hour a week job to ease back into a working life.

But having the stamps of Autism and (not) recovering from being run over makes finding a job really, really hard. Heck, I've had 3 professionals look for work for me in the past 3 years and they didn't find any that would have me. But sure, on my own I must be able to find a 40/week job. Oh, there is a pandemic going on..... I have 4 months of unemployment benefits left, and then we will just have to eat into our savings (well, mine) so in theory we should be able to make it into 2021. There should be some jobs by then, right?

So, rather pissed, feeling ignored again by "professionals" who seem to read medical reports in the most positive way possible.

To keep myself sane I started a 4 week challenge: Colouring the Guard. Building Frostgrave sprues into a 10 man squad of lowly town guards / deserters. Got to try something, right. Not that my hands work properly or anything, but hey.

<sad emoji>

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Well, may I say you write excellent English: perhaps that will help in finding a job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I feel you, having some a similar problem with my disability climes with the VA over here as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen